Co-op Opportunities for Pastry Students at Bakery Hill
Bakery Hill at Cincinnati State’s Midwest Culinary Institute offer students in the Pastry program opportunities to earn co-op credit in both operations and production.
Opportunities start as Front End Clerk
And can lead to * Front End Lead Clerk * Assistant Baker* Lead Baker * Cake Decorator*
Qualities we look for in our Co-op Students:
- Prompt on time workers-don’t be late or leave before the end of your shift
- Proper uniform clean and ready for work-half dressed will not do
- Good attitude, smile on your face-we serve the public and need employees who can sell our products
- Be ready and open to learn on the job-we can train our employees but they need to be receptive to learning
- Bakery Hill has early morning hours-late afternoon. Shifts vary based on type position and need for full-time or part-time employee.
- We are a business and need to make money-our employees need to be productive while they are working in the bakery. Timely, efficient workers are needed to get the job done
To be eligible, students must have completed the following:
- PAS 100 – Baking Theory
- HRM 100 – Hospitality Career Survey
- HRM 105 – Foodservice Sanitation
- Co-op Orientation
Eligible Students Should Apply To:
- Cincinnati State’s Human Resource Website – http://cincinnatistate.applicantpro.com/jobs/5291.html
- The link can also be found by going to Cincinnati State Human Resources Website clicking on “Employment Opportunities.” Then clicking on “Current Opportunities.” Then finding the posting “Student Worker – All Positions”
- Please communicate with your co-op coordinator once you have applied. We will alert the hiring manager to your application in the system.
Opportunities at the Midwest Culinary Institute
Provide excellent networking opportunities * Decrease travel costs traveling from school to an off campus job * Increase program completion rates * Increase opportunities for employment after graduation with top employers